Sony Electronics slipper to nye kameraer i Alpha 7C-serien
Inkludert Alpha 7CR med 61MP1 høyoppløselig sensor og Alpha 7C II med den nyeste stillbilde- og videoytelsen.
Sony lanserer to nye tillegg til α7C-serien med kompakte fullformatkameraer med utskiftbare objektiv, Alpha 7C II og Alpha 7CR.
Alpha 7C II er utstyrt med en fullformat bildesensor med omtrent 33,0 effektive megapiksler. Det har de nyeste stillbilde- og videofunksjonene, samt den nyeste ytelsen i et kompakt, lett design (ca. 12 cm bred, 7 cm høy og 6 cm dyp, med en vekt på ca. 513 gram). Det er andregenerasjonsversjonen av α7C-serien, som berømmes for sin kombinasjon av ytelse og funksjoner i en kompakt størrelse – perfekt for et bredt spekter av fotograferingsscenarier, som f.eks. reise- og gatefotografering.
Alpha 7CR er et nytt kompakt fullformatkamera med utskiftbart objektiv. Kameraet kan skilte med den høye oppløsningen og rike graderingsytelsen til en bildesensor i full størrelse med omtrent 61,0 effektive megapiksler – den samme sensoren som finnes i Alpha 7R V – integrert i en kompakt og lett kropp (liknende størrelse og vekt som Alpha 7C II2, ca. 513 gram). I tillegg til daglige øyeblikksbilder, realiserer det enkelt bildeopptak av høy kvalitet i en lang rekke ulike innstillinger, som portrett-, dyrelivs- og landskapsfotografering, i tillegg til kombinasjonen av ekstremt høyoppløselige bilder og mobilitet og lett vekt.
Both models are equipped with the same AI-processing unit and BIONZ XR® processors found in Sony’s newest interchangeable lens cameras such as the Alpha 7R V and Alpha 6700. Real-time Recognition AF recognises a wide variety of subjects with high accuracy, and 5-axis in-body image stabilisation provides a seven-step shooting advantage when capturing stills. In terms of video performance, both models support high-quality 4:2:2 10-bit video recording up to 4K60p3, and both models support Sony’s acclaimed S-Cinetone color science for rich cinematic video. In addition, they have Active Mode in-body image stabilisation, AI-based auto-framing, digital-audio interface support, and other features that support high-quality video shooting.
“At Sony, we are consistently upping the ante for content creators. With the launch of the Alpha 7C II and Alpha 7CR, we are allowing creators of both stills and videos to have a new tool in their kit that allows for high-quality image performance in mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras,” says Yann Salmon-Legagneur, Head of Imaging Products & Solutions Marketing, Sony Europe.
As the demand for sending and sharing captured content on social media networks has increased, more creators are looking for a combination of compact size and high imaging performance in mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. With the introduction of the Alpha 7C II and Alpha 7CR, which both achieve high mobility and high-quality image expression in a compact size, Sony responds to the wide range of content expressions sought by creators.
Main Features of the Alpha 7C II
- Equipped with a full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R® CMOS sensor with approximately 33.0 effective megapixels and the latest BIONZ XR® image processing engine to achieve high imaging performance. For capturing either still images or movies, users can easily enjoy high-quality image capture in a wide range of scenes such as travel and daily snapshots.
- Compared to the Alpha 7 IV which is approximately 13 cm x 9.6 cm x 8.1 cm and weighs approximately 698 grams, the Alpha 7C II is up to 22% lighter and has up to 45% less volume.
- The standard ISO sensitivities range from 100 to 51200 for both still images and movies (expanded ISO 50 to 204800 for still images), enabling high-sensitivity, noise-free shooting.
Main Features of the Alpha 7CR
- Equipped with a full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R® CMOS sensor with approximately 61.0 effective megapixels and the latest BIONZ XR® image processing engine to achieve high-resolution and high-definition imaging performance.
- Compared to the Alpha 7R V which is approximately 13 cm x 9.9 cm x 8 cm and weighs approximately 725 grams, the Alpha 7CR is approximately 29% lighter and has approximately 53% less volume.
- The standard ISO sensitivity ranges from 100 to 32000 for both still images and movies (expanded ISO 50 to 102400 for still images).
- In addition to 7.0-step4 optical 5-axis in-body image stabilisation, even slight blurring at the 1-pixel level is detected and corrected.
- Equipped with a Pixel Shift Multi Shooting that takes multiple images and synthesises them on a PC to create an image with a sense of high resolution.
- By combining with the grip extension GP-X2 included with the Alpha 7CR5, you can shoot comfortably with a stable hold even when shooting for long periods of time or using a telephoto lens.
Common Features of the Alpha 7C II and Alpha 7CR
1. Compact size and high mobility
Both models are easy to handle and easy to carry. Compact size (both models are approximately 12.4 cm wide x 7 cm high x 6.4 cm deep) and weigh1 approximately 513 grams for the Alpha 7C II and approximately 515 grams for the Alpha 7CR. When combined with the wide-angle zoom lens FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM II announced today, it achieves the excellent image expression and high-speed AF that are unique to the G Master™ with the brightness of F2.8 at full zoom range. The user can choose their favorite lens from Sony's extensive E-mount series of more than 70 and enjoy a variety of image expressions unique to full size in both still images and movies.
2. AF performance with improved subject recognition performance thanks to the built-in AI processing unit
Equipped with the same AI-processing unit as the α7R V, it recognises subjects with high accuracy with Real-time Recognition AF. For example, when taking a picture of a person, even if the person takes a complicated pose or their face is hidden, the pose estimation technology can be used to capture and track the subject with high accuracy. In addition to the existing people and animals of the α7C series, it is now possible to recognise birds, insects, cars, trains, and airplanes as subjects that can be recognized with the same high accuracy.
3) Advanced video performance
The Alpha 7C II and Alpha 7CR condense high-resolution and detailed video data equivalent to 7K and 6K, respectively, and can output high-quality 4K video. Equipped with S-Log3, which supports a wide latitude of 14+ stops6, it renders rich gradation with little overexposure and underexposure even in scenes with contrast. Also, in Log shooting mode, the LUT imported by the user can be displayed on the camera monitor image, allowing the user to shoot while checking the finished image in post-production. In addition, it is equipped with the S-Cinetone™, a unique Sony feature which can create a cinematic look straight out of the camera without post-processing. Based on Sony's Cinema Line technology, S-Cinetone delivers natural mid-tones that are essential to healthy-looking skin color to deliver cinematic quality. It also features Creative Look, which allows you to easily change the look and feel of video and still images.
4) Operability and connectivity
Equipped with a touch-operable vari-angle LCD monitor, intuitive operation with the latest touch menu supports comfortable shooting. In addition to the front dial that allows the user to assign their favorite functions, the still image/movie/S&Q switch dial, and an XGA high-resolution viewfinder, etc., it is easy to use. It is equipped with a 7.0-step4 optical 5-axis in-body image stabilisation to support stable camera work.
In terms of connectivity, the camera is newly compatible with the smartphone application Creators' App7 that easily uploads videos and still images taken with the camera to a cloud service, allowing remote camera operation and image transfer from the camera to mobile devices.
5) Designed with environmentally friendly principles in mind
Over the past 11 years, Sony has replaced approximately 395 tonnes8 of virgin plastic with recycled plastic in digital cameras and digital video cameras. Recycled materials, including SORPLAS™9, are used for the camera body, reducing environmental impact without sacrificing functionality. In addition to being equipped with Sony’s Screen Reader function10 that reads menus and video playback screens aloud to assist operations, a new menu Magnify Display function has been added to support the creative activities of a variety of creators.
Pricing and Availability
The new Alpha 7C II will be available in or around September 2023 at a variety of Sony’s authorised dealers:
Camera only: 29.500 NOK
Camera w/ 28-60mm lens: 33.000 NOK
The new Alpha 7CR will be available in or around October 2023 at a variety of Sony’s authorised dealers:
Camera only: 45.000 NOK
1 Approximate effective megapixels.
2 Weight includes battery and memory card.
3 ALPHA 7C II:QFHD (3840×2160). 4K60p/50p recording is only available in Super 35mm mode. ALPHA 7CR: Angle of view is approx. 1.2x when shooting 4K 60/50p movies.
4 CIPA standard compliant, Pitch/Yaw direction, with FE 50 mm F1.2 GM attached, long exposure noise reduction off.
5 Grip extension for the "ALPHA 7C II" sold separately.
6 When shooting S-Log3. Sony internal measurement.
7 Check regional availability of services and applications.
8 According to Sony. Recycled materials used for product bodies and accessories from April 2012 to March 2023.
9 Depending on the time of production, SORPLAS™ may not be used for some parts.
10 Supported languages differ depending on the sales region.